Henry Whitfield State Museum

Construction of the Henry Whitfield State Museum began in 1639 when a group of English Puritans, including Reverend Henry Whitfield and his family, entered into an agreement with the Menunkatuck band of the Quinnipiac tribe and renamed the area Guilford. Built of local granite, it is now considered to be Connecticut’s oldest house and New England’s oldest stone house. The site is a State Archaeological Preserve and is an important example of Colonial Revival restoration work, therefore named a National Historic Landmark.

CRIS Solution

Providing an audio tour of the Henry Whitfield State Museum, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, offers individuals with print challenges access to the information printed on signage displayed outside the 8-acre site's primary buildings – the Whitfield House, Education Center, and Visitor Center.

a picture of the henry whitfield state museum which is built with gray stones

Whitfield House

Embedded Image

Whitfield Visitor Center

Embedded Image

Whitfield Education Building

Embedded Image

Casa Whitfield

Embedded Image

Centro de Visitantes Whitfield

Embedded Image

Edificio Educativo Whitfield

Embedded Image

248 Old Whitfield Street
Guilford, CT 06437

View more clients

Previous: City of Bristol –
Veterans Memorial Park & Boulevard

Next: Old New-Gate Prison & Copper Mine