Creating an Audio Tour
It’s Easy as 1-2-3! Steps to create a CRISAccess Audible Tour
- Museum staff selects exhibits for audio tour.
- Museum staff provides the exhibit scripts to be recorded by CRIS Radio.
- Tips on Exhibit Scripts:
- Make it brief – generally three minutes or less;
- Select either English or Spanish;
- Use existing content already created for exhibit signage, web site, flyer, or previously recorded audio tour, and
- Include information about tactile opportunities at the exhibit.
- Voice Talent: Your choice – CRIS or museum selects voice talent.
- Audio Production: CRIS produces the recordings for the audio tour.
- QR Codes/GPS coordinates: CRIS creates the QR Codes and/or identifies the GPS Coordinates and links them to the recordings.
- Signs: CRIS prints QR Code signs on PVC Sentra or approves an alternate material.
- Enhanced Web presence: CRIS provides the museum with an online web presence at CRISAccess.org and www.crisradio.org.